Report Child Abuse
How to report concerns
There are several ways in which a person can contact the Authority to make a report. They are as follows:
- Call the Children’s Authority Hotline: 996 or 800-2014
- Send a fax: 625-4986
- Mail a report: 35A Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad
What happens when you make a report?
- When you make a report to the Children’s Authority, the information is taken by one of our Children’s Services Associates, who will obtain as much information as possible on the child.
- The Children’s Services Associate receiving the report will enter the data into a highly secure and confidential database.
- Reporters will be given an identification number, which can be used to receive a brief update on the stage at which the report has reached. Details will not be provided on any case because of the child’s right to privacy.
- The level of urgency will be determined and an investigation will follow.